The best (and fastest) way to add data is by uploading it from a file.
Your data really should include additional fields such as FirstName, LastName, Company, Telephone, for instance, you need to create these matching fields within EmailOut BEFORE you upload your data.
How to create data fields
1. Go to Contacts > Data Fields
2. You'll see the edit window where you will have to enter the information for your data fields.
3. When you have completed the screen, click on Save.
For more details on data fields click here.
Great, now let's get your data in.
Upload data from file
Your database MUST be saved as a CSV FILE.
1. Go to Contacts Lists -> Select a Contact List -> Add Contacts. Make sure the ‘From File’ tab is selected. Select the file to upload by clicking on Browse.
2. After you have selected the file, you can update ‘Fields terminated by’ and ‘Fields enclosed by’ from the drop-down menu, if required.
When ready, click on Import.
This takes you through to the match your field’s page.
3. Simply match the fields from the contact list to the fields from the imported data using the drop-down menu.
And there you have it; you’ve added your contacts.
Now let’s get cracking with showing your contacts the awesomeness of your email campaign.